Senior Software Engineer- FTS at Couchbase
If you like distributed systems used for mission critical workloads by the top companies in the world, then you’ll like this! As a Lead Software Engineer in our Full Text Search (FTS) team, your job will be to design and implement cutting-edge features, enhancements in FTS. You will be part of a team working on hard problems, including search engine, language analysis, storage, distributed systems, performance, and N1QL. You’ll work with Golang, C/C++ and possibly a few other languages thrown in for good measure. You will bring server/systems tech kung-fu to the team and a growth mindset.
Like open source? So do we: Couchbase and its engineers are active open source contributors for Couchbase, memcached, and other project
- Create the world’s best distributed server infrastructure which companies will rely on for mission-critical needs
- Discuss and debate with your peers as you help figure out product requirements and the architectural approach to getting things built
- Design and implement needle-mover features with simplicity, elegance and economy
- Research industry and academic leading-edge algorithms for distributed search, query, storage replication, consistency, availability and scalability
- Develop high-quality software and use unit, component, and end-to-end automation tests so we know we have high-quality software
- Be agile
- You’re a self-motivated, independent, and high-performance person. You learn quickly and you enjoy worthy challenges
- You have 7+ years of commercial or open source software experience (prefer experience with packaged, downloadable software)
- You can hack in Golang, C, C++ and/or Java
- You think distributed systems problems are cool
- You might even have some real-world functional programming experience
- You’re a good communicator and an excellent team mate
- You like working in organisations that strive to have a good balance between doing it right and moving quickly
- We're doing some exciting work and we try to have fun while we're at it. Reach out to us - we'd love to hear from you!
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase has offices around the globe, and we’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Equal Opportunity Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.