Senior Software Engineer- Distributed Systems at Couchbase
Santa Clara, CA, US
If you like distributed systems, then you’ll like this! As a Senior Software Engineer in our Distributed Systems team, your job will be to design and implement cutting-edge distributed, scale-out data infrastructure software systems. You will be part of a team working on hard problems, including distributed caching, distributed key-value and document data stores, data replication & conflict resolution, scale-out fault tolerance and data-layer reliability. You’ll work with Erlang, Golang, Rust, Scala, Elixir and Haskell, with possibly a few other languages thrown in for good measure. You will probably bring Unix systems and server tech kung-fu to the team.
Like open source? So do we: Couchbase and its engineers are active open source contributors for Couchbase, memcached, and other projects.
- Create the world’s best distributed server infrastructure which companies will rely on for mission-critical OLTP needs
- Discuss and debate with your peers as you help figure out product requirements and the architectural approach to getting things built
- Design and implement needle-mover features with simplicity, elegance and economy
- Research industry and academic leading-edge algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability
- Think quality; think leverage. Develop high-quality software and use unit, component, and end-to-end automation tests so we know we have high-quality software
- Be agile
- You’re a self-motivated, independent, and high-performance person. You learn quickly and you enjoy worthy challenges
- You’re particular about your toolset, because you have it set up just how you like it and when you’re at your best you’re insanely productive
- Experience with one or more of these programming languages Erlang/Elixir, Golang, C/C++, Scala, Java, Rust, Haskell
- You have 8+ years of commercial or open source software experience (prefer experience with packaged, downloadable software)
- You can hack in C, but you also like the intoxicating power of working in higher-level languages
- You think distributed systems problems are cool
- You might even have some real-world functional programming experience
- You’re a good communicator and an excellent team mate
- You like working in organizations that strive to have a good balance between doing it right and moving quickly
- We're doing some exciting work and we try to have fun while we're at it. Reach out to us - we'd love to hear from you!
- Couchbase provides the world’s most complete, most scalable and best performing NoSQL database. Couchbase Server is designed from a simple yet bold vision: build the first and best, general-purpose NoSQL database. That goal has resulted in an industry leading solution that includes a shared nothing architecture, a single node-type, a built in caching layer, true auto-sharding and the world’s first NoSQL mobile offering.
- Couchbase is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.