Principal Software Engineer - Database Kernel - Replication and High Availability at Couchbase
Santa Clara, CA, US
Santa Clara, California or Remote
As a senior member of engineering team, you will be responsible for high performance data replication across geographically distributed data centers, for high availability at petabytes scale. Cross datacenter replication is a core Couchbase feature for enterprise-grade deployment with 24x7 availability. You will be working with a talented team to incorporate cutting edge research and idea on fault tolerant distributed system such as consensus protocol, eventual consistency model, distributed events ordering (e.g. vector clock), multi-writer conflict reconciliation, and conflict-free data type. You’ll work on problems that build on your knowledge of high performance scale-out distributed system, high availability, concurrency, networking and performance optimization.
- Create the world’s best, distributed software server infrastructure products which companies will rely on for mission-critical OLTP needs.
- Participate in requirements, architecture, and design specification reviews.
- Design and implement key modules for data replication Research industry and academic leading-edge algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability.
- Work with peers in an agile development environment.
- Develop high-quality software and use unit, component, and end-to-end automation tests
- You are a self-motivated, independent, and high-performance person who enjoys worthy challenges.
- You are goal oriented and you enjoy the satisfaction of achieving your missions.
- You are passionate about distributed system, fault tolerant software or software architecture with good understanding on latest trends/research in these areas.
- You exhibit good judgment in making design and implementation choices.
- You like working in organizations that strive to have a good balance between doing it right and moving quickly.
- You are systematic and analytical in your design and thought process.
- You like to reduce/encapsulate complexity with elegant and generic solution.
- You emphasize writing high quality code.You are a good communicator and an excellent teammate.
- You have 5+ years of commercial or open source software experience (prefer experience with packaged, downloadable software)
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as couch base, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.