Performance Architect at Couchbase
Remote / United States of America
If your passion is about making scalable systems, scale even better and run faster, read along. You will fit in right with us if you have a passion for improving performance for complex systems and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Your strongest belief is in collaboration with your stakeholders: Product Managers, Engineers, Architects and Customers.
As a Performance Architect for Couchbase, you will be working on our cutting-edge products : Couchbase Server (Key-Value Store, N1QL, Indexing, Search and Analytics), Couchbase Cloud, Mobile, and SDK’s.
You’ll assess and analyze their performance characteristics, conduct performance analysis, look for performance bottlenecks, and recommend appropriate actions and solutions.
Couchbase provides the performance of a caching layer, the flexibility of a source of truth, and the reliability of a system of record, eliminating the need to manage data models and consistency between multiple systems, learn different languages and APIs, and manage independent technologies.
Working on Couchbase products you’ll acquire highly coveted skills, essential to this technology, by navigating the world of NoSQL databases and the "big data" ecosystem. This includes working with functional programming languages like Erlang & Golang, understanding principles and concepts of distributed systems, understanding what goes into good NoSQL database design, mobile data convergence, and becoming proficient in the best practices for building NoSQL-backed applications.
- You will be responsible for deep dive analysis on products in the market and come up with strategies to improve performance of our products
- You will be driving product optimization initiatives and have a direct positive impact on product development
- You understand what customers want, what our competition does, and what we should achieve in terms of performance to get there
- You need to go through product requirements and have architectural discussions with our talented Development team
- You will be working with various NoSQL products to run competitive analysis and come up with competitive product benchmarks
- You are a SME on Database Internals
- You have rich experience in System Architecture, Performance Analysis and Data Analysis
- You experience in highly scalable distributed systems
- Hands on coding in one of these programming languages: C, C++, Java, Go
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or relevant industry
- You are a self-driven individual with excellent communication skills who can initiate and drive performance initiatives
- You should be able to work successfully with cross functional teams located in different geographies
Are you looking for the freedom to track down and tackle mission-critical problems head on? Then we’re looking for you. Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform.
As a distributed cloud-native database, Couchbase runs in modern dynamic environments and on any cloud, either customer-managed or fully managed as-a-service. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.