About the right team member
You love to build robust and user friendly iOS apps. You know how to separate concerns between the different layers of a mobile codebase, from the user interface components right down to the model layer. You know the best software is created through collaboration and iteration and you’re looking for the right opportunity, and the right team, to expand your experience. You seek feedback because it has the ability to turn good work into great work. You like to ship software early and often, you value simplicity and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity.
At ClassPass we value people who are intellectually curious, who are pragmatic not dogmatic, and people who care about our product, their teammates, and their own personal growth. We are faced with an interesting set of technical challenges and we believe in giving our engineers the autonomy to go and solve them. Much of our team come from non-traditional computing backgrounds; we know that by bringing together a diverse set of voices we’ll be able to build a better product, and a better company. We care less about what languages or frameworks you know, and care more that you are excited to produce high-quality code and be constantly learning. Our engineers work in cross-functional teams that are focused on impact, and movement between teams is encouraged. We work very closely with our brilliant product team to deliver a world class user experience, and ultimately to empower our users to live their fullest, healthiest lives.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to iterate on the design, implementation and deployment of our product
- Build reusable and scalable UI components, and connect them to our backend systems
- Understand the pros and cons of different testing methodologies and how to apply them across a codebase
- Write clear and concise technical design documents and gather feedback from your team and the broader engineering organization
- Have working knowledge of Swift and the iOS SDK
- Provide leadership and mentorship for junior engineers through code reviews and technical discussions
- Seek different perspectives, and solicit honest feedback
- Take delight in delighting our users
- Care about our studio partners and want to help them grow their business
Nice to Have
- Track record of shipping successful iOS apps to the App Store
- Knowledge of Objective-C
- Experience with React Native
- Love fitness!