Product Designer, Authoring tools at Projector App
Remote / United States of America
At Projector, our mission is to help people communicate with purpose to effect positive change. We’re building a graphic design platform where anyone is invited to turn their ideas into beautiful visual stories, with tools that are powerful, collaborative, and pure fun. From content creators and small business owners to creative teams looking for a better way to work together, we strive to make it easier for people to connect with their audiences through exceptional design.
Our team is focused on making rich, multimedia graphic design more accessible and more inclusive than it’s ever been, and we need your help to make that a reality.
About this role
We’re seeking an experienced product designer to join our core development team and lead the way in designing our creative authoring tools. From functional specifications to user experience and visual design, this role will be responsible for the way in which customers create in Projector’s multimedia editor. The ideal candidate has experience designing multimedia authoring tools and is familiar with the challenges around things like: undo management, selection states, direct manipulation interactions, media manipulation, and complex input interfaces. The primary focus of this role will be on desktop experiences, but familiarity and experience designing touch interfaces is preferred. If you’re someone who loves designing creative tools, this is the role for you!
What you'll do
- This role interfaces directly with designers, engineers, customer success managers, and our marketing team to deliver multimedia editing features and product experiences that delight our customers and drive our business forward
- Responsible for researching, designing, and prototyping multimedia editor experiences based on product requirements
- Specific experiences include editing capabilities like creating and altering shapes, cropping media, trimming video, editing text, as well as tools to aid customers with layout and composition
- Deliverables include: concept sketches, high-fidelity mockups, and detailed documentation needed for development
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in digital, interactive design, with a portfolio demonstrating user experience and visual design work
- Proficiency using Figma, Framer, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision and other design-related software
- Familiarity with video editing and animation tools like Premiere, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Apple Motion, as well as social media applications and their editing tools.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Proficiency in documenting interaction details and visual design specifications
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience working on responsive web applications
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate ideas and present your work clearly to peers, customers, and executives
What we offer
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- 401k plan with company matching
- Complimentary One Medical membership
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Stipend for home office or co-working space setup
- Annual stipends for professional development and personal learning
Projector is a place for every story to be told. Our team is diverse, inclusive, and empathetic to one another’s experiences. We are purpose-led, seeking to positively impact our work environment and the world around us, no matter what.
We keep things open. That means transparency from the top-down and the bottom-up. We know that our growth only comes from the people who are doing the work, which is why we value (and encourage) feedback from all team members.
We have flexible work hours. Who decided that good ideas only live between 9am and 5pm? We provide flexible hours to accommodate different schedules of our team because we believe great work speaks for itself.
We’re growing fast. We recently raised our Series B funding and have thousands of customers ranging from leading creative agencies to direct-to-consumer brands and design-forward small businesses.
We offer competitive compensation. We know that a strong team is worth the investment. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, equity packages, and benefits to everyone who comes onboard.