Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the Bay Area? Mission Bio’s Tapestri Precision Genomics Platform was #2 on the TheScientist’s 2018 Top 10 Innovations list. And single-cell sequencing, which we focus on, was voted Nature Methods Method of the Year 2019. Our mission is to enable our customers to eliminate cancer.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics, ranging from research to translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to significantly impact the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
We are looking for a world class molecular biologist/genomics scientist to join the applications development team as Senior Scientist. The successful candidate will bring their knowledge of molecular biology, sample prep and NGS library prep techniques to play a key role to drive successful completion of custom multi-omics single cell projects.
May direct research associates in either a direct or matrix management arrangement.
What’s Required (QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate should have:
- A PhD in Genomics / Molecular Biology / Cell Biology / Biochemistry or associated fields with at 3+ years of industry or postdoctoral experience.
- A good understanding of general principles of chemistry and biochemistry.
- Experience with a range of genomic, molecular, and/and cellular biology techniques.
- Experience working with diverse NGS library prep protocols, genome editing (CRISPR); gene cell therapy, gene expression technologies such as arrays.
- Experience working with qPCR or ddPCR for detection of SNPs or CNVs.
- Experience with single-cell technology and/or microfluidics platforms would be a definite plus, but not required.
- Experience handling different sample types from mouse or human origin: fresh tissues, frozen tissues (OCT), FFPE, PBMCs or bone marrow.
- Ability to work independently, design experiments and manage projects to ensure their on-time completion.
- Troubleshoot technical challenges to provide ‘white-glove’ support to customers projects.
- Knowledge of NGS methods and data analysis principles.
- Excellent skills in communication, documentation, organization and analysis.