Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the Bay Area? We were voted Method of the Year 2019 Nature Methods and #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list. Our mission is to enable our customers to eliminate cancer. Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics, ranging from research to translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to significantly impact the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Biology/bio-Engineer Temp. This exciting and challenging role is to work as bench scientists for recent single cell NGS products at mission bio. This position will be responsible for cell preparation, wet test, data analysis with office software, NGS library preparation, Sequencing and data report with built pipeline. This job will be a year round temporary position with the possibility of going permanent. Full time (hour based) or part-time are all welcome to apply.
The major responsibilities are listed below:
- Follow instructions, run experiments independently, analyze and report data
- Good communication skills so that team members can work together for product development
- Cell wash, counting, dilution, stain following the protocols
- Know life science skills, such as pipette, spinner, PCR, Bio-Analyzer, NGS with on-board training
- Are familiar with single cell sequencing, NGS library prep, SPRI bead cleanup
- Can take video, image, record and report data with basic office software
- With curiosity to scientific answers and are highly interested to grow with more microfluidic skills
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate should have:
- Senior year or graduated with major in biology/Biochemistry/bioengineering preferred
- Can or Willing to work as a bench scientist
- Have knowledge of PCR, cell culture, bead cleanup, Bio-A, NGS
- Single Cell NGS lab experience is preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Bachelor or master degree (or candidate)
- Based on South San Francisco, CA
Be able to occasionally lift boxes up to 20pounds
Lab environment supporting other engineers in cross team projects.