Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the bay area? We are #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list. Our mission is to enable our customers to cure cancer.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics across the range of research and translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Product Management Team and lead the applications roadmap with on-market products. This exciting and challenging role is responsible for increasing market penetration via VOC activities. The goal is to identify killer applications by collaborating with customers and cross-functionally within product development and sales teams.
Additional job responsibilities are included below:
- Define and develop applications roadmap with product management across defined segments to support revenue growth.
- Own the applications deliverables in terms of initiating the customer collaboration, coordinating data analysis, market positioning and messaging along with the final collateral.
- Customer liaison for gathering customer needs for pharma services, enabling application development via services, and transferring to product management.
- Lead application collateral development via pharma services around new opportunities /use cases like transduction efficiency, vector copy number with cell and gene therapy.
- Identify killer applications through requests present and past using Tapestri white -glove design services using on-market products.
- Lead early access programs to drive applications development to support new product launches.
What’s Required (QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate should have
- A Ph.D / MS in Molecular Biology / Cell Biology / Biochemistry discipline is preferred.
- Three to five years in application development or product management/marketing.
- Experience in leading and managing scientific collaborations is required.
- Three to five years in directly managing customer engagements and relationships within pharma, biotech or academic organizations, is required.
- Experience within the fields of genomics, CRISPR gene editing, cell, and gene therapy, and in techniques such as NGS, PCR, IHC, Flow Cytometry would be a definite plus, but not required.
- Self-motivated team player with ability to effectively manage competing multiple priorities.
- Excellent skills in communication, documentation, organization, and time management.
About 20% as required for building customer relationships, attending conferences for market trends etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.