Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the bay area? We are #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list. Our mission is to enable our customers to cure cancer.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics across the range of research and translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Process Development Team as Research Associate. This exciting and challenging role is responsible for performing studies related to current and future product development. The position will be critical in generating analytical and experimental data related to Mission Bio’s products.
What’s Required (QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S. or Msc in Chemistry/ Organic Chemistry or associated fields with 1+ years of industry experience.
- At least 1 year of lab experience whether academic research or industry.
- Manufacturing of reagents.
- Execute experiments with minimum supervision.
- Keep track of manufacturing records and documentation
- Develop processes for manufacturing of chemical reagents.
- Work cross-functionally with R&D scientists and engineers for product transfer into manufacturing.
- Create documents for product transfer.
Desired experience and skills:
- Ability to perform general chemical techniques. Examples include but are not limited to multi step synthesis, purification, isolation and structure determination.
- Experience with NMR, HPLC, LCMS a positive
- Familiar with next-generation sequencing (NGS)
- Experience working in a laboratory manufacturing environment and familiarity with scale-up of biochemical manufacturing processes.
- Experience with single-cell technology and/or microfluidics platforms would be a definite plus, but not required.
- Excellent skills in communication, documentation, organization, and time management.
- Comfortable with a dynamic working environment and adaptable to shifting demands.
- Enjoys creating solutions that facilitate teams’ workflow.
Up to 15% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to focus on detailed bench works. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals and BSL2 lab.