Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the bay area? We are #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list. Our mission is to enable our customers to cure cancer.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics across the range of research and translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the R&D Team as Research Associate. This exciting and challenging role is responsible for performing studies related to current and future product development. The position will be critical in generating analytical and experimental data related to Mission Bio’s products.
What’s Required (QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S. or Msc in Biochemistry/ Biomedical Engineering/ Molecular Biology or associated fields with 2-4 years of industry experience.
- At least 1 year of lab experience whether academic research or industry.
- Perform V&V experiments involving the generation of single-cell sequencing libraries and perform NGS on Illumina sequencing platforms.
- Plan and execute experiments for workflow improvement with minimum supervision.
- Work cross-functionally with R&D scientists and engineers for product transfer into manufacturing.
- Create documents for product transfer.
Desired experience and skills:
- Ability to perform general molecular biology techniques. Examples include PCR, real-time PCR, DNA/RNA/protein extraction, purification, and quantification.
- Experience in cell culture and cell handling is highly desired.
- Familiar with next-generation sequencing (NGS) library preparation and Illumina sequencing platforms operation.
- Experience working in a laboratory manufacturing environment and familiarity with scale-up of biochemical manufacturing processes.
- Experience with single-cell technology and/or microfluidics platforms would be a definite plus, but not required.
- Excellent skills in communication, documentation, organization, and time management.
- Familiar with NPI
Bonus points if:
- Comfortable with a dynamic working environment and adaptable to shifting demands.
- Enjoys creating solutions that facilitate teams’ workflow.
Up to 15% of the time.