Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the bay area? We are #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list. Our mission is to enable our customers to cure cancer.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics across the range of research and translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Commercial Team as Sales Executive. This exciting and challenging role is responsible for managing business, identifying, pursuing, and closing new opportunities within the territory. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and passionate individual with a driven, curious, and collaborative spirit to join the team at Mission Bio, ensure the company’s success by driving to achieve revenue targets and play a key role in enabling our customers’ goals of making precision medicine a reality.
What’s Required (QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate technical acumen to consult with customers on technology solutions
- Expand business with value-based strategic selling by building the business case for adopting new technologies
- Develop and manage a business plan to meet/exceed business goals
- Develop and maintain strategic account plans, and provide accurate forecasts and reports of sales activity entering data into Salesforce.com
- Demonstrate funnel management skills with strong account management and closing skills
- Territory Key Account Planning, market knowledge, competitive positioning
- Understand scientific project needs and business needs of the customer to win the business
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products, and buying practices necessary to effectively compete in the territory
- Minimum of 4 years sales experience in life science research with an emphasis on selling genomics solutions.
- Proven track record winning business and establishing long term high level customer relationships
- Excellent sales skills, including prospecting, negotiating, listening, and closing
- Knowledge of Next Gen Sequencing
- Must be willing to travel up to 70%
- Minimum of B.S. Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field