Senior Software Engineer (Dev) at Fungible
Fungible is defining data-centric computing, both in terms of software and in terms of hardware (with its DPU)
This role requires excellent Developer skills.
You will be building a fundamental infrastructure something equivalent to GKE and AWS.
These kinds of opportunities are rare. The infrastructure is required to support very demanding High Availability requirements.
Skills, Education, and Experience Required
- Bachelors in Computer Science with 5+ years of experience, or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years experience
- Proficiency in a managed programming language (Go, Java or Python)
- Expertise with Unix tools (top, df, du etc. )
- Familiarity with product life cycle including deployment, development, maintenance, and documentation
- Work experience in any systems level product
- Experience with UNIX based environments
- Knowledge of networking and networking tools (netstat, iptables, ss, etc.)
Additional Success Factors
- Experience working with Cassandra, InfluxDB, Kafka
- Experience with Bash and Ansible
- Experience with container orchestration (especially Kubernetes and helm)
- Experience in working in a production environment with hard deadlines
- Ability to multitask and adjust priorities.
It is a high-paced and high demanding team that acts as the fulcrum of the product. We are pretty open to ideas and criticisms. You are expected to collaborate with team members and members from other teams and provide and receive actionable feedback. The ability to think about a feature or component from all perspectives (QA, business, support) is desirable.