Accounts Payable Specialist at Fungible
Santa Clara, CA, US
Fungible is defining data-centric computing, both in terms of software and in terms of hardware (with its DPU)
We are looking for an outgoing, motivated, AP/Expense Accountant to join the Company’s finance team and report to the Director of Accounting. The AP/Expense Accountant will be responsible for a broad range of transactional, reconciliation and other accounting activities. Functions includes AP Management, Expense Management, Credit Cards, and AP & Expense System Processing Management. The successful candidate will have a "roll-up-the-sleeves" attitude, be able to multi-task and be ready to thrive in a very fast-paced startup environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for processing all accounts payable and credit card transactions.
- Systems management over Box, QuickBooks, NetSuite (future ERP), and Expensify.
- Review all invoices received for proper GL and department coding.
- Assist in monthly and quarterly close including preparing journal entries and monthly accruals and reconciling accounts to the general ledger.
- Assist with compiling annual external tax and audit requests.
- Analyze and explain monthly balance sheet and income statement fluctuations and variances
- Maintain employee data within accounting/finance systems.
- Develop, implement and document policies and procedures.
- Additional projects and ad hoc analysis as assigned by the Director of Accounting
- 2-4+ years of accounting experience, prior start-up company or similar experience preferred.
- Big four experience a plus.
- NetSuite, QuickBooks, Expensify, Excel, and other systems experience would be a plus.
- Four-year degree in an accounting related field preferred.
- Ability to handle change in a fast-paced growing company, along with “wearing multiple hats.”
- Strong communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus