QA Engineer at Projector App
Remote / United States of America
At Projector, we’re on a mission to help people communicate with purpose to effect positive change. We’re building a graphic design platform where anyone is invited to turn their ideas into beautiful visual stories, with tools that are powerful, collaborative, and pure fun. From content creators, to small business owners, or creative teams looking for a better way to work together, we want to make it easier for more people to meaningfully connect with their audience through good design.
It’s an exciting time at Projector, and we’re looking for a QA Engineer to help hold us accountable to the high standards we’ve set for our product. This is a great opportunity to work with a team who is committed to the quality of work produced and the customer experience. If you share this passion, and are looking to have a real impact, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
As an early member of our QA team you’ll play an integral part in our product testing processes, ensuring confidence in our software releases and identifying weak spots in our product. You’ll work closely with our engineering team to come up with solutions and support the overall integrity of the product.
What you'll do
- You’ll be responsible for running both manual and automated tests in preparation for software releases, ensuring high quality of our platform.
- Help to identify areas in our product that aren’t performing at the quality expected and work with engineering to come up with solutions on how to improve them.
- Collaborate with engineering and QA to maintain and improve the testing strategy, helping us scale our ability to launch high quality products.
- Work with our customer success team and engineering team to make sure we are responding to product issues with the right urgency.
This might be for you if
- You have experience using and/or testing design tools.
- You have experience with graphic performance, identifying and testing quality issues.
- You understand the breadth and scope of compatibility across browsers, operations systems, and hardware, with experience testing across each.
- You are passionate about creating high quality products and have a high bar for getting it right. You enjoy working with visual design, and are obsessive about creating the best product experience for users.
- You have strong communication and teamwork skills.
- You believe there is always more to learn and are eager to grow as an individual.
- Bonus: You have experience with game development/QA
- Projector is a place for every story to be told. Our team is diverse, inclusive, and empathetic to one another’s experiences. We are purpose-led, seeking to positively impact our work environment and the world around us, no matter what.
- We keep things open. That means transparency from the top-down and the bottom-up. We know that our growth only comes from the people who are doing the work, which is why we value (and encourage) feedback from all team members.
- We have flexible work hours. Who decided that good ideas only live between 9am and 5pm? We provide flexible hours to accommodate different schedules of our team because we believe great work speaks for itself.
- We’re growing fast. We recently raised our Series B funding and already have thousands of customers ranging from leading Creative Agencies, to popular DTC brands, and design-forward small businesses.
- We offer competitive compensation. We know that a strong team is worth the investment. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, equity packages, and benefits to everyone who comes onboard.
Benefits and Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance for all employees and their dependents.
- Fully-compensated parental and maternity leave.
- Home office stipend up to $2000.
- Annual learning development stipends up to $2000.
- Optional 401(k) with employer matching.
- Generous vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
- Commuter perks, FSA and HSA options, and a range of extra benefits through Trinet, our benefits provider.
Role Location: We're looking for talented people. Where you live or work is less important than your ability to be an effective partner. With the majority of our team currently located in the Pacific Time zone, working productively with them is key to the success of this role.
At Projector, we believe employing a team with diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions will make our team and our product stronger. We are an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.