Data Scientist at Qventus
Have you ever found yourself or a loved one waiting hours and hours in a hospital Emergency Room to get care? Or have you ever had a surgery scheduled for months in the future that needed to happen sooner? Unfortunately, our healthcare system is full of these types of operational problems. Our work saves lives and helps hospitals cut tens of millions of dollars in operational costs, while improving the quality of care they’re able to deliver.
Qventus is a real-time decision making platform for hospital operations. Our mission is to simplify how healthcare operates, so that hospitals and caregivers can focus on delivering the best possible care to patients. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to create products that help nurses, doctors, and hospital staff anticipate issues and make operational decisions proactively.
Qventus works with leading public, academic and community hospitals across the United States. The company was recognized by the 2019 Black Book Awards in healthcare for patient flow and by CB Insights as a 2019 top 100 Most Promising Company in Artificial Intelligence. Recently, Qventus won the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Emergency Response for the Healthcare System Innovation Challenge through its work helping health systems across the country plan for and operate in the COVID pandemic.
Qventus is looking for Data Scientists to help build the next generation of Qventus’s AI. You’ll join a cross-functional team of clinicians, data scientists, data platformers, and product experts to help care teams across the country make day to day decisions to get patients the right care faster and with less overhead.
As a data scientist at Qventus, you will have the opportunity to explore Qventus’s unique and rich Healthcare dataset to develop and deploy cutting edge ML based solutions. You will evaluate potential modeling approaches, build features together with data platform partners, implement algorithms, support our underlying ML infrastructure, and determine metrics which are critical for machine learning models and interventions. You should be strongly motivated to have an impact in the company and dedicated to helping improve the quality of healthcare operations.
Core Position Responsibilities:
- Develop, deploy, and tune performant and highly scalable machine learning models in the healthcare space strategically employing a wide array of modeling and statistical techniques.
- Collaborate with Product partners to experiment, design and measure quality of model based interventions including development of analytics dashboards. tools and resources to improve transparency into Data Science concepts and models for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the ongoing development of the machine learning platform to train, evaluate, and deploy models.
- Proven ability to develop and tailor algorithmic solutions to business problems in collaboration with product or delivery partners.
- 2+ years industry experience developing, launching, and iterating on machine learning models at scale from development to business impact.
- High competency in Python, with experience writing production quality code and using statistical packages such as Pandas, Scikit-learn, and XGBoost.
- Proficiency with SQL - hands on experience manipulating data sets and data cleaning.
- Ability to demonstrate the understanding of a wide variety of statistical and machine learning methods (resampling, regression, classification, ensemble methods, transfer learning, etc).
- Interest and ability in learning and working in a fast paced dynamic environment across multiple technologies.
Nice to Have's:
- Strong cross-functional communication - ability to break down complex technical components for technical and non-technical partners alike.
- Dedication to high code quality - writing understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
Practical hands on experience with:
- Natural Language Processing or Understanding techniques and productionalization.
- Deep Learning modeling techniques and infrastructure.
- Ecosystem of data platform technologies such as: AWS Services (RDS, ECS/EKS, Lambda, S3), DBT, Snowflake, Databricks.
- Data analytics tools (Looker preferred)
- Experience in healthcare working with real world data, particularly in the inpatient setting.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent training / experience.
Qventus is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice which can be found here: https://qventus.com/ccpa-privacy-notice/