Director of Product at Berbix
San Francisco, CA, US
Berbix’s mission is to enable all individuals to prove who they are and control how their information gets shared. Founded by the former engineering and product leaders for Trust & Safety at Airbnb, we empower companies to confidently answer the question: “Are you who you say you are?"
This is a question many online platforms need to answer about their users. We solve that problem by offering best-in-class ID verification and proprietary fraud detection technology to our customers, which they can access through developer friendly SDKs. We serve customers in a broad variety of industries, recently raised our Series A led by Mayfield, and are actively growing our all-star team.
We are looking for a Director of Product to lead our product team and drive our product efforts. In this highly strategic role, you will collaborate with the co-founders and leadership team to align product development with strategic company vision. You will be immediately responsible for a revenue generating product that is used by dozens of high-profile customers driving significant volume of daily verifications.
As our product leader, you will have the opportunity to contribute to setting the direction of a company with the goal of transforming identity online. You’ll have an up-to-the-minute pulse on each function of the business to keep the team aligned on quarterly objectives and key results. Your comprehensive knowledge of the business and the industry will transform you into a trusted internal expert, able to guide and assist any member of the team. We are looking for motivated and independent thinkers who excel in fast-paced environments. We value tenacious curiosity and the drive to set and execute on ambitious product goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Own the overarching product strategy, vision and execution across the organization
- Drive consensus around the vision and roadmap from stakeholders and team members and combine ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Collaborate cross-functionally to take new features and products from inception to completion
- Work closely with go-to-market functions to understand customer needs, design to construct elegant solutions, engineering to ensure solutions address product requirements, data science to measure key metrics and customer success to ensure feature adoption
- Collect and synthesize raw product feedback and bug reports into actionable concrete product improvements
- Process, maintain and prioritize backlog of product improvements in line with overall product goals
- Collaborate as a key member of the leadership team to set quarterly product priorities, projects and OKRs
- Manage and mentor members of our existing product management organization, which currently includes one product manager, and grow the team as the company scales
- Provide thoughtful product perspective to team members in customer-facing roles
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience developing a successful B2B / SaaS product
- Computer science background or demonstrable tech acumen
- A balance of product intuition with data-driven decision making
- Ability to move seamlessly between thinking strategically and getting into the details
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent time management and project prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing other PMs
We are a company that values the well-being of our employees and we strive to cultivate a healthy and inclusive work culture. We offer a robust benefits package to our full-time employees, including:
-100% company paid premiums for medical, dental, & vision. 50% company paid premiums for dependents
-Flexible and generous PTO + 20 holidays
-401 (k) retirement plan + company match, AD&D + life insurance
-Company-sponsored FSA account for medical expenses
-Monthly wellness allowance to spend on your mind and body
-Professional Development allowance to learn new, and grow existing skills
-12 week, 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
-Daily in office lunch + healthy office snacks and Ritual Coffee
-Commuter benefits - pre-tax + $50 monthly stipend to use on commuting or parking
-Regular office social activities like Fun Fridays, Monthly Bagel Breakfasts, and Quarterly Company Offsites
Berbix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We aspire to promote a diverse and inclusive environment for all current and future employees.