Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the bay area? We are #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list. Our mission is to enable our customers to cure cancer.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics across the range of research and translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the R&D Team as Research Associate. This exciting and challenging role is responsible for performing studies related to current and future product development. The position will be critical in generating analytical and experimental data related to Mission Bio’s products.
What’s Required (QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S. in Molecular Biology / Cell Biology / Biochemistry or associated fields.
- At least one year of research experience.
- Generate single-cell sequencing libraries and perform NGS on Illumina sequencing platforms.
- Develop, optimize, and execute various experimental protocols.
- Organize and plan experiments with minimum supervision.
- Analyze and present experimental results in weekly and monthly meetings.
Desired experience and skills:
- Experience with a range of laboratory analytical techniques. Examples include UV/vis spectroscopy, fluorescence-based assays, Bioanalyzer.
- Ability to perform general molecular biology techniques. Examples include PCR, real-time PCR, DNA/RNA/protein extraction, purification, and quantification.
- Familiar with some basic cellular biology techniques. Examples include flow cytometry, ELISA, light and fluorescence microscopy.
- Experience in cell culture and cell handling is highly desired.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing (NGS) library preparation and Illumina sequencing platforms operation.
- Experience with single-cell technology and/or microfluidics platforms would be a definite plus, but not required.
- A good understanding of general principles of molecular and cellular biology.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics or computational biology (e.g., R, python) is a plus but not required.
- Excellent skills in communication, documentation, organization, and time management.
Bonus points if:
- Comfortable with dynamic working environment and adaptable to shifting demands.
- Passionate about science and not easily discouraged with failures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to focusing on detailed bench works. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals and BSL2 lab.