Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the bay area? We are #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list. Our mission is to enable our customers to cure cancer.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics across the range of research and translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
Sr. BI Analyst
We are looking for a highly-motivated Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to deliver insights through data solutions to business groups across the company. You will work with our business groups applying your business intuition and technical knowledge. The Sr. BI Analyst will be required to develop and enhance the knowledge of Mission Bio’s data and systems utilized by the business teams. This person will be responsible for hands-on collaboration with business partners to understand and meet their needs for data and insights. With an understanding of the core business needs in hand, you will use SQL and data visualization skills to design, develop and implement solutions to move the business forward and enable effective and timely decision-making.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As part of the Commercial team, partner with technical teams and business partners to ensure close collaboration between tech teams and the business
- Collaborate with executives, stakeholders, and decision-makers to prioritize, design, and fulfill their data analytics needs
- Identify KPIs driving business growth and performance and work closely with the business teams to define them
- Own the front-end BI reporting landscape - design, build, document, and maintain a single source of truth for KPIs and dashboards using front-end BI tools such as Tableau
- Design and development of Data Warehouse/Data Mart using Snowflake for the backend
- Develop a deep understanding of the company’s current data needs, and shape the future data strategy
- Design, build, and launch reliable dashboards that provide insights across cross-functional teams
- Develop analytics solutions that bring data to life by using design thinking concepts in a timely manner
- Effectively coordinate work and collaborate across various cross-functional groups and levels in the organization
- Manage security and privacy standards for the BI solutions through administrative responsibilities.
- Promote and drive a self-service data culture by building easy to use BI tools and teaching the business users how to use them.
- Deploy inclusive data quality checks to ensure the high quality of dashboards.
- Communicate progress, risks, and completion of projects to stakeholders.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in BI or Analytics teams.
- Hands-on experience in building and managing BI systems (Tableau is plus).
- Expert in crafting functional and user-friendly dashboards (Tableau is plus).
- Experience in cloud data warehouse technologies (Snowflake is plus).
- SQL expert, capable of complex, efficient, and logical SQL to accomplish data analysis goals.
- Driven by logical and analytical thinking to solve problems. And have an eye for detail-oriented analysis and design.
- Solid functional knowledge of financial, sales, and other core business metrics.
- Able to manage professional relationships across a variety of stakeholders, including c-level and executives.
- Able to identify and prioritize multiple requirements and manage expectations accordingly.
- Collaborative and willing to traverse and contribute to the entire data stack, from front-end to back-end as needed.
Fit with Mission Bio culture:
- Curious in wanting to understand how things work and finding meaning in the differences among diverse people
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise collaborating by taking pride in the work we do together, encouraging each other’s contributions and talents
- Drive in loving the work you do, striving to improve, and wanting to impact our community by moving precision medicine forward.