Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the Bay Area? Mission Bio’s Tapestri Precision Genomics Platform was #2 on the TheScientist’s 2018 Top 10 Innovations list. And single-cell sequencing, which we focus on, was voted Nature Methods Method of the Year 2019. Our mission is to enable our customers to eliminate cancer.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics, ranging from research to translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to significantly impact the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
We are looking for a highly motivated Bioinformatics Scientist to take a key role in the next generation sequencing assay development in supporting our single cell genomic and multi-omic platform. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and will be responsible for the development and application of high-throughput single cell sequencing assays and analytical framework that will be used in both internal development programs and commercially released products.
- Design highly multiplexed amplification assays capable of interrogating genes, mutations and biomarkers on single-cell multiomics platforms. Work closely with internal researchers and external customers to understand the core scientific questions and provide the best design solution to meet their needs.
- Develop and optimize heuristics, bioinformatics tools and algorithms for single-cell assay design pipeline.
- Analyze and mine single-cell sequencing data to optimize the design and improve assay performance.
- Collaborate closely with research scientists, product management and software team for development of new technology, application and product.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate should have:
- PhD or Master’s in bioinformatics, computational biology, genomics or related quantitative fields.
- Excellent understanding of genomic databases and their annotations, biology behind PCR amplification, genotyping, and gene expression profiling.
- Demonstrated ability to assess assay performance and derive biological insights by evaluating sequencing results using statistical methods and mathematical models.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment handling multiple projects simultaneously with different priorities and timelines.
- Functional experience coding in at least one programming language (Python, Perl, C++ bv ) and statistical computing language (R, S, etc.).
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to work with both experimental and computational scientists in a collaborative environment.