Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the bay area? We are #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list. Our mission is to enable our customers to cure cancer.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics across the range of research and translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Sales Operations Manager/Director to take a key role within the Sales Support group. The Sales Operations role will be the primary point of contact for the Sales and Support team, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing and other departments.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and will be responsible for sales forecasting, analytics, productivity, and other sales support functions. This position reports directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Global Sales Operations Leadership – Sales Quota and Compensation, Customer Relationship Management, Pricing, Commercial Training.
- Sales Finance - Financial analysis, Forecasts, Budget , contribute to Quarterly business reviews, Sales & Marketing Planning and Reporting, Sales Funnel Analysis, Demand Planning / Sales & Operations Reviews, Revenue & Backlog Control; Month-End Closing processes.
- Global standardization and improvement of quote-to-cash processes including potential for web ordering, resulting in improved customer experience
- Work with VP of Sales to establish an automated sales funnel and forecast process
- Leverage Sales analytics data to inform opportunity assessments and choices for the sales team. / Streamline the sales process
- Contract negotiation / deal desk support for the sales team to expedite deal closure and revenue recognition
- Partner closely with other departments such as marketing & finance to ensure data access and quality
- Drive and Support Sales strategic pricing programs and analytics
- Develop KPI’s especially for the Commercial Organization and report achievement to plan on a regular basis
- Integration of Salesforce.com (CRM), and Netsuite (ERP)
- Prioritize projects based on alignment to corporate and commercial teams objectives and strategies
- Develop knowledge of Mission Bio’s products via completion of sales training program, and utilize this knowledge to successfully lead Sales Support operations.
- Act as a liaison/partner between the Sales Team and other internal customers: Marketing, Finance, and Manufacturing
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of five years Sales Operations experience
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively utilize CRM & BI tools to monitor performance
- Proven ability to evaluate and balance team and individual workloads through effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in an office-based environment
- Ability to travel as required to meet team goals
- BA Finance/Masters in Analytics degree preferred
Fit with Mission Bio culture:
- Curious in wanting to understand how things work and finding meaning in the differences among diverse people
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise collaborating by taking pride in the work we do together, encouraging each other’s contributions and talents
- Drive in loving the work you do, striving to improve, and wanting to impact our community by moving precision medicine forward.