Senior Data Platform Engineer at Qventus
Have you ever found yourself or a loved one waiting hours and hours in a hospital Emergency Room to get care? Or have you ever had a surgery scheduled for months in the future that needed to happen sooner? Unfortunately, our healthcare system is full of these types of operational problems. Our work saves lives and helps hospitals cut tens of millions of dollars in operational costs, while improving the quality of care they’re able to deliver.
Qventus is a real-time decision making platform for hospital operations. Our mission is to simplify how healthcare operates, so that hospitals and caregivers can focus on delivering the best possible care to patients. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to create products that help nurses, doctors, and hospital staff anticipate issues and make operational decisions proactively.
Qventus works with leading public, academic and community hospitals across the United States. The company was recognized by the 2019 Black Book Awards in healthcare for patient flow and by CB Insights as a 2019 top 100 Most Promising Company in Artificial Intelligence.
Qventus is looking for a Senior Data Platform Engineer, who will build and own significant components of the Qventus data platform that ingest data from multiple parts of the hospital to external data sources such as weather feeds. This person will have significant impact on the team and company given that the data platform powers our machine learning and AI based recommendations, all of our data analytics capabilities, and much of our web and mobile properties. You'll work with a talented team of data platform engineers to strategize, define, execute, and launch new data platform products.
- Design and implement highly scalable backend systems and algorithms to process massive amounts of complex, high dimensionality, high cardinality data.
- Work closely with rest of the team members to develop, test, deploy, and operate high quality, scalable software.
- Design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites to ensure both code quality and data integrity/quality.
- 3+ years of professional experience working with modern programming languages such as Java, C/C++, Python, and SQL.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and work effectively in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud platforms.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with stream processing, messaging semantics, scheduling algorithms, and distributed systems fundamentals – Kafka, Spark, AWS Glue, Airflow, Lambda, Storm or related technologies.
- Ability to design scalable messaging systems for high throughput, performance, reliability and latency.
- Data modeling and design -- SQL, NoSQL & in-memory databases.
- Savvy on modern security design and programming principles, threats & preventive implementations
- Experience with large-scale, high complexity metrics and monitoring.
- Experience with performance testing, troubleshooting and tuning.
- Experience building applications on top of RESTful APIs and micro services.
- Experience building and scaling large scale ETLs.
- Experience building and managing automated build/test/deployment environments.
Qventus is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice which can be found here: https://qventus.com/ccpa-privacy-notice/