Systems Diagnostic Engineer at Fungible
Santa Clara, CA, US
Fungible is defining data-centric computing, both in terms of software and in terms of hardware (with its DPU)
Fungible is looking for an exceptional engineer to work in an exciting and rapidly evolving field.
As a member of our fast-paced systems group, you will have the opportunity to take your designs through the full life-cycle of proof-of-concept, system modeling, profiling and prototyping leading to manufacturing test software.
Our environment values initiative and fosters innovation!
As part of the systems test and validation team, you will develop Linux device drivers and user space tests for exercising and testing the various subsystems in complex multi architecture system.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in embedded Linux kernel development and U-Boot. Proven knowledge of Linux kernel internals (process scheduler, memory management, concurrency/synchronization, memory allocation, file systems) and networking or storage subsystems architecture
- Extensive device driver development and support of I2C, SPI, PCIe, mtd, storage, and power management
- Experience porting/maintaining Linux distribution for a platform
- Strong debugging skills in kernel context
- Experience with exercising/validation of system from user space, and knowledge of user space API
- Skilled C/Python programmer
- Work closely with hardware designers and architects to understand functional blocks and their use-cases
- Implementing BSP and doing software bringup on pre and post-silicon platforms
- Developing Linux device drivers and user-land tests for exercising and testing the various subsystems in complex SoCs.
- Debug and root-cause a variety of hardware and software issues.
Prior knowledge to Manufacturing flow, and protocols like NVMe/Storage/Networking is plus.
Familiarity with assembly level programming (ARM, MIPS)