Senior Performance Engineer at Couchbase
Santa Clara, CA, US
The Performance Engineering team is essential to the success of Couchbase. As a Performance Engineer, you will be working on complex distributed systems, databases and large clustered datasets. You will focus on optimizing overall product performance. You’ll work with the Development, Quality Engineering and Product teams to deliver high quality initiatives for all our products throughout their development life cycles.
The key qualities we’re looking for is a true problem solver, someone who enjoys digging deeper and has a need to understand systems and how they’re wired. This person will have experience with performance analysis and the ability to develop your own analysis tools and performance tools.
- Collaborate with the Engineering, Quality Engineering, Support and Product Management teams to review and document requirements, execute performance tests and troubleshoot/resolve (blocking) issues.
- Design and conduct tests with complex workloads and data shapes to expose potential bottlenecks and failure points.
- Analyze performance results to identify system inefficiencies and suggest optimizations to address the same.
- Look for ways to improve user experience and system efficiencies.
- Analyze metrics and trends to glean opportunities for performance improvements of our systems.
- Conduct technical presentations to educate teams on how to improve system performance.
- Innovate solutions to improve performance engineering effectiveness.
- 3+ years of experience in performance engineering.
- Advanced coding skills (Python, Go or Java).
- Ability to convert customer issues to automated performance tests.
- Strong experience in bottleneck analysis, profiling, and tracing.
- Extensive knowledge on database performance.
- Hands on experience on system monitoring tools and frameworks.
- Advanced interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-directed and self-motivated individual who owns takes complete ownership of the product and its outcome.
- Knowledge of mobile technologies.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related field.
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.