Sales Development Intern (Summer 2021) at Couchbase
Austin, TX, US
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to deploy your talent and hard-earned experience, learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
We're looking for interns to work in lockstep with our sales team & assist with sales related activities tied to sales pipeline creation & progression. You’ll have the opportunity to learn about the end to end sales cycle, from the beginning stages of building out target account prospect lists, executing sales activities, qualifying & progressing opportunities, and ultimately winning new customers. The work you do is critical to our sales pipeline and will enable Couchbase to build, manage and close deals. Couchbase’s recent growth leads to a unique internship opportunity to obtain valuable, hands-on experience working with an industry leading software company.
- Learn the Couchbase sales cycle and structure of the sales organization to better help enable sales representatives
- Utilize tools such as LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, DiscoverOrg to help identify potential new customers
- Comb through customer data to help identify contacts at targeted companies
- Input and correctly identify data in Salesforce
- Quick and eager to learn systems and procedures
- Looking to pursue a technology or sales career
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask
- Previous experience with LinkedIn and Google apps is desirable
- Due to COVID-19, Couchbase is still in a work from home posture so ability to work remotely is necessary
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.