Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the Bay Area? Mission Bio’s Tapestri Precision Genomics Platform was #2 on the TheScientist’s 2018 Top 10 Innovations list. And single-cell sequencing, which we focus on, was voted Nature Methods Method of the Year 2019. Our mission is to enable our customers to eliminate cancer.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics, ranging from research to translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to significantly impact the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
We are looking for a highly motivated Data Analysis Scientist to take a key role in next generation sequencing data analysis in support of our single cell genomics platform. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and will be responsible for the development and application of statistical methodologies and analytical frameworks that will be used in both internal development programs and commercially released products.
- Develop and apply statistical methods and novel algorithms to genomic data sets that will be used to guide development of a variety of single cell applications
- Investigate datasets to undercover trends and root cause of errors that impact system performance. Build statistical analysis tools that will allow continual monitoring of assay and reagent performance
- Collaborate with research scientists, marketing, and customers to support project planning and commercial launch
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate should have:
- PhD or Masters in statistics, mathematics, computational biology, physics or related quantitative fields.
- 3+ years industry experience required
- Strong background in analysis of large NGS datasets and development of novel algorithms for NGS (Variant calling, Copy number, Error correction, gene expression etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment
- Experience in at least one programming language (Python, Perl, C++ bv ) and statistical computing language (R, S, etc.)
- Experience with high dimensional data and machine learning a plus