Senior Product Manager - Cloud Infrastructure at Couchbase
United States of America / Remote
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Are you interested in building a high-performance cloud native data platform? Do you want to revolutionize the way customers run workloads in the cloud? Do you want to influence the way customers use a data platform in the cloud? At Couchbase, we are building the next generation cloud native data platform and are looking for a season product manager.
This is your chance to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar industry, change how the world accesses information, and reinvent the way businesses deliver amazing customer experiences.
Location- preference for UK or else USA East or USA central areas (remote role).
- Create a SaaS based database management software platform
- Define requirements for the platform across the complete stack including – UX, deployment, security, support, upgrade, metering, auditing, scalability and billing
- Translate customer needs across the entire stack into requirements and document them in MRDs & PRDs. Drive feature prioritization.
- Define and drive use cases, user personas, product features/requirements, roadmaps and release plans for product features
- Perform competitive analysis and market research to influence product planning
- Work closely with customers, developers, and key stakeholders including Engineering, Support/Services, Marketing, and Sales to bring product to market
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field with MS. MBA is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- 5-7 years in engineering or product management or solutions architecture highly desired
- Strong understanding of IaaS, PaaS and cloud technologies. Specific experience with IaaS (AWS, GCP, Azure), PaaS (Heroku, Cloud Foundry), container frameworks (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Strong knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD and modern web and application development concepts & technologies
- Prior knowledge, experience in designing UX and customer experiences
- Experience in PaaS or SaaS product management a plus
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.