Have you ever found yourself or a loved one waiting hours and hours in a hospital Emergency Room to get care? Did you ever feel there weren't enough nurses to take care of all the patients in your area of the hospital? Or have you ever had a surgery scheduled for months in the future that needed to happen sooner? Unfortunately, our healthcare system is full of these types of operational problems. Qventus is looking for an inspirational, operationally excellent, driven engineering leader who can help drive our data strategy and implementation. Our work saves lives and helps hospitals cut tens of millions of dollars in operational costs, while improving the quality of care they’re able to deliver.
Qventus is a real-time decision making platform for hospital operations. Our mission is to simplify how healthcare operates, so that hospitals and caregivers can focus on delivering the best possible care to patients. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to create products that help nurses, doctors, and hospital staff anticipate issues and make operational decisions proactively.
Qventus works with leading public, academic and community hospitals across the United States. The company was recognized by the 2019 Black Book Awards in healthcare for patient flow and by CB Insights as a 2019 top 100 Most Promising Company in Artificial Intelligence.
We all deeply care about improving healthcare for patients across the country while having fun working with each other. Qventus is looking for an energetic, personable and quick-learning Engineering professional to design and implement highly scalable systems and algorithms for high throughput, performance, reliability and latency.
- Full-stack software development experience with a distinguished track record on delivering technically challenging projects.
- Design and implement highly scalable backend systems and algorithms for high throughput, performance, reliability and latency.
- Work closely with rest of the team members to develop, test, deploy, and operate high quality software.
- Architect web/mobile applications for company products and deliver technically challenging products.
- Create data models and designs using SQL, NoSQL & in-memory databases.
- Stay up to date on modern security design principles, threats & preventive implementations.
- Learn new company technologies and work effectively in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites.
- 5+ years of professional experience working with modern programming languages such as Python (preferred) or Java.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience of 5+ years.
- Experience with Amazon AWS services required.
- Experience with Django framework preferred.
- Experience with GraphQL, WebSockets preferred.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud platforms preferred.
Why You'll Love it Here:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees.
- Open vacation time (and people actually use it!)
- Gym membership reimbursement.
- Fun company and team outings and trips because we play just as hard as we work!
- Education reimbursement.
Qventus is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.