Senior Computer Vision Engineer - Authentags at C2Sense
Watertown, MA, US
C2Sense uses nanotechnology to develop mobile sensing platforms that reveal a hidden world of information across applications in gas sensing, rapid medical diagnostics, and product authentication. As an MIT “Tough Tech” spinout, we are helping to solve some of the world’s most important challenges through the convergence of breakthrough science, engineering, and leadership. We a lean-agile organization which emphasizes purpose-driven discovery, work-life balance, and servant leadership. Our SAFe framework is critical in helping us to find alignment, focus our energies, and propel ourselves forward as a team. We are in search of kind, talented, and innovative individuals who believe that our technology will make the world a healthier, smarter, and safer place.
This role is part of our AUTHENTAGS team, which builds our anti-counterfeiting platform. Each year, millions of unsuspecting people bring potentially dangerous counterfeit products into their homes. Existing anti-counterfeiting tools are cumbersome, ineffective and easily compromised. C2Sense’s technology platform, AuthenTags™, uses a smartphone with custom software to read invisible tags, transforming luminescent signatures into valuable authentication information. At its core, AuthenTags represents a fundamentally new way for the smartphone to interact with the world and equips consumers with a tool to regain confidence in the products they bring into their homes. Increased demand for digital retail (related to both COVID and market trends) has created a surge in online shopping, and a corresponding opportunity for counterfeiters. This risk to consumer and brand health has encouraged several Fortune 100 companies in the luxury goods and pharmaceutical industries to evaluate AuthenTags as a cutting-edge solution. If you’re motivated to resolve a global counterfeiting crisis, inspired to provide an accessible solution, and excited to drive innovation for the future of commerce, join us and be part of the team that launches AuthenTags.
About Senior Computer Vision Engineer - Authentags
The Senior Computer Vision Engineer's primary focus will be around developing state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms to support our authentication and diagnostics product lines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and evaluate state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms for real-time analysis of unique optical signatures within images and video feeds.
- Port, implement, and optimize analytics and machine learning algorithms using special purpose computing architectures.
- Propose and implement creative, efficient solutions for vision and control problems, and contribute to expanding our intellectual property portfolio.
- Perform technical performance benchmarking and analyses to support engineering decisions.
- Determine project specifications and project schedule by studying product requirements and specifications, calculating time requirements and sequencing project elements.
- Assist in installation and running of product demonstrations.
- Debugging with no additional support.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Documentations for design control.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Fluency in C++, OpenCV, etc.
- Minimum 3-5+ years of industry experience.
- Experience in 3D computer vision and video analytics algorithms, such as image segmentation, 3d reconstruction, object and motion detection, tracking and classification.
- Experience in machine learning algorithms for vision problems, including deep learning.
- Experience in real-time video analytics pipeline.
- Knowledge of internal hardware, design logic, and camera logic.
- Preferable development experience in a regulated environment (healthcare, automotive, etc.)
- Effective documentation practices and experience writing reports and protocols.
- High level of technical aptitude and understanding of system design.
- Microsoft Office and technical presentation skills.
- Has developed software in a cross-functional / systems team environment
- Has developed software in a medical / regulated environment
Alignment With Core Values
We strive to be the best company we can be, and our Core Values are important to us. We want every candidate to know about them because we expect every C2Sense employee to live them.
Mission Driven: As individuals and as teams, we first make sure we understand, align, and believe the desired outcomes for the tasks at hand. We then manage our time, effort, and priorities to best achieve the required results. When unexpected challenges get in the way, we figure out how to overcome them. When we find ourselves overcommitted or falling short of the required results, we ask for guidance in time to take corrective actions.
Teamwork: We leverage our individual strengths to improve our collective skills by helping, teaching, and empowering our colleagues. We work together and use our expertise to enhance the knowledge of those around us. We each take ownership of our responsibilities and our actions. We strive to be sincere and honest in all that we say and do. We build trust and respect with others by meeting our commitments, acknowledging the contributions of others, and addressing conflict or disagreement directly, unemotionally, and objectively.
Innovation: We practice purpose-driven discovery to commercialize products that meet unmet needs.
Work-Life Integration: We are present in all that we do and understand that it is the quality of our time, not the quantity, that matters most.
C2Sense does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.