Manager/Director, Site Reliability Engineering at Strateos
Menlo Park, CA, US
Strateos has developed the first robotic cloud laboratory platform for on-demand life science research by integrating laboratory processes, instruments and IoT technologies into a single user interface. Top ten pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotech companies use the platform to conduct efficient, reproducible and rapid experimentation from anywhere in the world. Most recently Strateos has been selected to partner with Eli Lilly to develop and operate an 11,500 square ft fully automated compound synthesis and bioassay system.
Strateos is at an exciting point in its evolution. Are you looking to make a big impact in a growing company? Are you looking to lead a growing team? Are you looking to create roadmaps and establish a team vision? If so, then SRE Manager at Strateos could be an excellent choice for your next role. As SRE Manager, beyond managing Strateos’s Cloud installations, you will also be managing the network at our automated labs and integration of customer labs with the Strateos Cloud. You will be primarily working hands on, so technical acumen is crucial, but just as important is your ability to own objectives, prepare Strateos’s Cloud operations for the future, and form a strong integration with neighboring teams.
- Lead a team of SRE engineers to support Cloud installations and on premises networks
- Determine team needs, hire them, and ensure high performance of SRE’s
- Empower team members to grow, thrive and find fulfillment in work
- Establish a technical roadmap and departmental vision which supports the goals and directions neighboring departments
- Establish SLA’s and ensure systems are meeting commitments
- Create/Modify systems and processes to balance long term business needs, bug fixes, and urgent requests.
- Empower software engineering teams by providing automated infrastructure
- Diagnose and fix production blocking issues quickly, clearly messaging status to all affected parties during the downtime, all the while maintaining an even temperament
- Several years experience managing cloud installations ( AWS, Google, Microsoft )
- Managed multiple reports for multiple years, with a history or growing careers and retention
- Several years experience in Cloud infrastructure fundamentals ( Monitoring, Alerting, Networking, Security, Provisioning, Deployment, Release )
- Participated in a pager rotation
- Deft at troubleshooting issues, both on a technical level and with incident communication
- Balanced the departments workload between short term needs and long term goals
- Proactively set department standards and direction, request input from stakeholders, and communicate status to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated history of automation, for both internal cloud systems but also tools for engineers.
- A challenging environment that will push you to grow and improve professionally, every day
- Opportunities to learn new technologies and fields, along with the freedom to work on hard technology and real science
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly gym stipend
- Lunch, dinner & unlimited snacks when onsite
- Professional development budget
- 401(k) matching
Strateos is an equal opportunity employer