Business and Market Associate at Curie Co
Durham, NC, US
Curie Co uses the power of biotechnology to replace petrochemicals in everyday products, with more sustainable, engineered enzymes. We’re looking for team members passionate about achieving this mission and contributing to the biomanufacturing revolution. Individuals with exceptional multitasking skills, attention to detail, and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Excellent relational, communication, and presentation skills are highly regarded to help continue to foster a collaborative and learning environment.
We are seeking a Business Analyst to join our growing team. This role requires an individual who can work in a fast-paced environment, stretch across multiple disciplines (strategy, marketing, finance, operations), and to provide detailed research and analysis to support strategic decisions. Initially, you will report to COO/CFO as we continue to build out our business.
- Support the development of corporate strategy, including identifying target, gather intelligence, analyze forces, define scenarios, and chart a course for execution.
- Support market research, Including tracking relevant industry data and news, market sizing, and competitor analysis.
- Support development of pricing strategy, including articulation of value proposition and analysis of substitutes, customer margins, and other market data.
- Support evaluation of new product opportunities, including sizing of addressable market, analysis of competitive landscape, and potential execution strategy.
- Support research and analysis of marketing plan (competitive analysis, market segmentation, etc.), to continue to strengthen go-to-market strategy.
- Support build-out of business Intelligence and data analytics.
- Support evaluation of capital spend and other investments, including IT investments, by developing financial frameworks to compare alternatives and assess return on investment.
- Preparation of cash flow forecast, budget vs. actual, valuation model (short and long-term financial plans), and presentation materials for internal discussions.
- Support development of internal financial systems and processes, including support of communications with external counterparties for accounting and financial reporting.
- Monitoring of compliance with financings and other material agreements.
- Review monthly financials and accounting transactions for accuracy.
- Support fundraising efforts for Company (maintain investor database, prepare and update corporate presentation, prepare/organize due diligence, cap structure analysis).
- Identify and segment potential investors, track developments in venture capital and other relevant capital markets, including comparable transactions and company valuations, and assist in outreach for fundraising.
- Support communications with investors, including preparation of materials for investor updates and responses to investor questions.
- Support other financing efforts as required (grants, leases, debt etc. as required), including financial modeling for comparison and evaluation.
- Provide support on potential corporate transactions/commercial agreements (example: licensing deals, joint-development agreements), including the evaluation of key risk allocations, development of financial frameworks and models for analysis, integration of key risk allocations and commercial agreements into the financial models, preparation of materials for internal discussion and evaluation, overall risk review and to support negotiation of the key terms and conditions.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, engineering, or related field.
- At least 3-5 years experience is preferred.
- A background in science/understanding of life-science sector is a plus.
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical, and financial modeling skills (excel expertise is essential).
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with a candid yet constructive communication style (Power Point and Word expertise essential).
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally, approximately 30% of the time. (do not expect significant travel in first 1-2 years).