Software Engineer (Frontend) (Junior to Mid- Level) at Strateos
Menlo Park, CA, US
Strateos has developed the first robotic cloud laboratory platform for on-demand life science research by creating a programming language, run time, and IDE for controlling scientific experiments. Top ten pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotech companies use the platform to conduct efficient, reproducible and rapid experimentation from anywhere in the world.
We are looking to add experienced engineers who want to build the future of scientific research. We joined this company to revolutionize science and we want to work with people who appreciate the mission. We are less concerned about your specific knowledge of languages/frameworks and our interview process is tailored to be agnostic to how you built web apps in the past. We have a broad technology stack with many moving pieces. We put a high premium on people who are able to take complex processes (like a scientific workflow) and design a software solution that can scale.
- Strong front and back-end experience.
- 3+ years professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in CS or relevant field
You Might Have
- Experience building distributed systems, or systems that interface with hardware
- Experience in the sciences
- Experience with statically typed languages (especially TypeScript, Scala, or Java)
- We will be committed to your growth as an engineer. You will learn both the hard and soft skills required to excel in a fast paced, hard tech environment.
- A multi-disciplinary environment with software engineers, roboticists, and scientists.
- An environment that supports open source hacking
- The opportunity to work with large robots
- A challenging environment that will give you the opportunity to grow and improve
- Opportunities to learn new technologies and fields, along with the freedom to work on hard technology and real science
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly gym stipend
- Lunch, dinner & unlimited snacks
- Professional development budget
- 401k matching
Strateos is an equal opportunity employer