Field Application Specialist at Strateos
Menlo Park, CA, US
Strateos has developed the first robotic cloud laboratory platform for on-demand life science research by integrating laboratory processes, instruments, and IoT technologies into a single user interface. Top ten pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotech companies use the platform to conduct efficient, reproducible, and rapid experimentation from anywhere in the world. Most recently Strateos has been selected to partner with Eli Lilly to develop and operate an 11,500 sq ft fully automated compound synthesis and bioassay system.
A career at Strateos will allow you to positively impact the lives of millions of people through faster and more repeatable scientific breakthroughs, cheaper pharmaceuticals, and novel discoveries that come from the scientists using our ground-breaking platform. We are committed to creating a world where new cures, diagnostics, and biological tools can be rapidly developed to broadly impact society and the delivery of healthcare.
The Field Application Specialist is responsible for supporting sales quota, supporting sales efforts both pre and post-sales, and support both the tactical and strategic plans as outlined by the commercial team. This person will be responsible for the entire Strateos portfolio with a primary focus on Cloud Lab Services. Primary customers include pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical discovery customer and could include Animal Health, R&D, environmental, government, and research universities/institutions.
Support the Sales Team by aiding in the following aspects (not limited to):
- Gather and refine specifications necessary for deploying Strateos solutions to meet customer needs, including development and delivery of customer presentations.
- Develop and conceptualize automation solutions for customer proposals.
- Software demonstrations for prospective customers.
- Be a technical representative for sales
- Responsible for overseeing customer on-boarding, implementation, and deployment by working closely with Customer Success, Sales, Applications, and Engineering to support Post-Sales project management
- Communicate customer/solution requirements to internal and field support teams and provide technical guidance as needed
- Help oversee territory management by supporting current, existing, and potential customer relationships.
- Build relationships with current and potential customers as a scientific advisor and trusted partner.
- Excellent skills in communication and the ability to present in front of an audience. Needs to clearly communicate technical and non-technical concepts in a group setting. Be able to identify audience perspective and communicate to customer requirements
- Ability to create and restructure presentations to meet audience needs. Ability to identify and work with internal groups to fulfill presentation needs.
- Excellent customer support, service and relationship building capabilities.
- Ability to interpret scientific protocols and customer needs to match those needs with Strateos' capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and reliably with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of programming and lab automation is essential for this role.
- Previous knowledge of Automation and common lab management tools used within our target industries is a plus.
- Available to travel nationally and internationally as needed
- Master’s degree (preferably Ph.D.) in science or engineering preferably Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- Must have 4 plus years of experience in working with laboratory automation and or similar industry relevant technical support/sales
- Experience taking scientific protocols from the bench to automated systems is required.
- Project management experience, specifically directing and overseeing large instrument installations, is desired.
- Previous experience programming robotic and automation instrumentation is preferable.
- A challenging environment that will push you to grow and improve professionally, every day
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly gym stipend
- Lunch, dinner & unlimited snacks when onsite
- Professional development budget
- 401k matching
Strateos is an equal opportunity employer
KEYWORDS: automation, biology, chemistry, drug discovery