Sales Executive at Strateos
Menlo Park, CA, US
Strateos is a software driven technology company serving the life sciences. Our mission is to create new knowledge driven by data, computation, automation and high-throughput robotics with the goal of fundamentally advancing the life sciences. Strateos aims to help scientists more efficiently and reproducibly design, run, and analyze experiments to achieve new and faster scientific discoveries.
Strateos Sales Executive is responsible for maintaining a sales quota, supporting incoming customer inquiries for a designated region, and engaging with both tactical and strategic customers. This role will be responsible for these activities for the entire Strateos portfolio - Discovery Lab Services and Command and Control Software. Primary customers include pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical discovery customer and could include Animal Health, R&D, environmental, government, and research universities/institutions.
- Manage tactical customer calls, quote inquires, product inquiries, including documentation requirements to further Cloud Lab Services and Command and Control Lab Software business at new accounts.
- Develop business plan, territory plan, and expansion strategy for existing business as well as strategy for new account acquisition.
- Engage directly with potential clients in a designated region to increase customer engagement and grow the territory focusing on meeting an assigned Annual Target.
- Utilize negotiation skills to determine competitive pricing.
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of products, services, and newly developing technologies
- Regularly provide written and verbal communication of successes, failures, best practices, etc. to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and organization.
- Use knowledge and understanding of the Company’s operational processes, market position, and competition to identify and qualify leads, prospects, and incoming inquires that fit our strategic objectives.
- Prepare quotes and related documentation to maintain updated customer profile information in Salesforce contact management.
- Develop and deliver sales and technical presentations through virtual platform to develop deeper customer relationships.
- High energy performer that thrives in complex and challenging environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering, Biology/Molecular Biology or similar Life Sciences).
- 7-10 years of preferred lab, selling and/or customer contract experience. Specific experience in discovery workflows and reagents, Contract Research Organizations, or Automation experience are a plus.
- Ability to effectively interact with other disciplines within the Company such as Marketing, Customer Service, Product Management, Operations, and Engineering.
- Experience writing, negotiating and executing MDAs, MSAs and SOWs
- Ability to appropriately represent the company to internal and external clients.
- Comfortable with C-suite, strategic negotiations, and asking for the sale.
- Strong analytical, spreadsheet, and creative skills.
- Possess a strong understanding and fluency in life sciences and/or the pharmaceutical industry to be able to serve as a resource for customers and effectively present information to upper and senior management, as well as research & discovery scientists, IT, purchasing, legal and contracts
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), Email, and Website Analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with effective strategies for interacting with a wide variety of audiences.
- A challenging environment that will give you the opportunity to grow and make an impact
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly gym stipend
- Lunch, dinner & unlimited snacks when onsite
- Professional development budget
- 401k matching