Strateos has developed the first robotic cloud laboratory platform for on-demand life science research by integrating laboratory processes, instruments, and IoT technologies into a single user interface. Top ten pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotech companies use the platform to conduct efficient, reproducible, and rapid experimentation from anywhere in the world. Most recently Strateos has been selected to partner with Eli Lilly to develop and operate an 11,500 sqft fully automated compound synthesis and bioassay system.
A career at Strateos will allow you to positively impact the lives of millions of people through faster and more repeatable scientific breakthroughs, cheaper pharmaceuticals, and novel discoveries that come from the scientists using our ground-breaking platform. We are committed to creating a world where new cures, diagnostics, and biological tools can be rapidly developed to broadly impact society and the delivery of healthcare.
Strateos is looking for an experienced software developer to join our Scientific Technologies team. In this position you will collaborate internally across both scientific and technical teams to design, implement, and support automated scientific protocols and software tooling. Projects will include contributing to our public Python libraries, designing and implementing modular analysis packages, and interacting with internal/external APIs.
We are looking to add experienced engineers who want to build the future of scientific research. We joined this company to revolutionize science and we want to work with people who appreciate the mission. We have a broad technology stack with many moving pieces. We put a high premium on people who are able to take complex processes (like a scientific workflow) and design a software solution that can scale.
This position will interact closely with colleagues in software engineering, biology, chemistry, product management, and automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, biology, chemistry or a related discipline with 3+ years professional experience building software solutions
- Fluency in at least one major programming language, and an understanding of a few other programming languages
- Experience working with scientific data and interfaces for science applications, including data processing and analysis tools
- Experience with agile development, continuous integration, code review, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate
- A challenging environment that will push you to grow and improve professionally, every day
- Opportunities to learn new technologies and fields, along with the freedom to work on hard technology and real science
- To create interfaces that codify how science is communicated and executed
- To practice and promote excellent software engineering practices
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly gym stipend
- Lunch, dinner & unlimited snacks when in office
- Professional development budget
- 401k matching
Strateos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KEYWORDS: python, software engineering, automation, biology, chemistry, drug discovery, development