Figure Eight is the essential Human-in-the-Loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The Figure Eight software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. Figure Eight's technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in San Francisco with a presence in Tel Aviv and backed by Canvas Venture Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Microsoft Ventures, Figure Eight serves data science teams at Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.figure-eight.com.
Figure Eight (formally CrowdFlower) has recently undergone a major change. We're really excited about our new name as we help make AI work in the real world. We have several blog posts detailing this change (1, 2, and 3).
We are looking for a talented Product Designer who is passionate about solving problems with technology. As a senior product designer you will work from the beginning to the end of product building. You will work closely with Product Management, Engineering, Machine Learning, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to design new products and improve existing ones. As a senior product designer you will have the opportunity to mentor other designers and help shape the culture of design at Figure Eight.
- Act as a leader within the Product Design team, collaborating with other designers to make their work and processes better.
- Work closely with Product Management, Engineering, and Machine Learning to bring product initiatives to life.
- Translate research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then realize these ideas by working through conceptual models and detailed interaction patterns.
- Deliver high quality and consistently usable, beautiful and inspiring product features across our entire platform.
- Contribute to shaping and communicating a compelling long-term AI and customer-first design strategy and vision for the company. Own the style guide, design principles and process from problem definition to design implementation.
- Guide products towards solutions that are unquestionably simple, intelligent, intuitive, and just work for our users.
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products within an agile environment.
- At least 1 years of professional experience as a senior product designer.
- At least 5 years experience as a product software designer.
- Ability to empathize with all kinds of users providing ease, trust, and delight.
- You have both soft and hard skills. You are the collaborative glue that inspires product management and engineering and get the team to envision what could be.
- A portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you were a lead on, that conveys an ability to ship successful products that people love.
- You love designing beautiful experiences yourself - from concept into the nitty gritty of interaction design.
- A passion for customer-driven and user-centered design. You should know how to lead design thinking sessions, set up process and infrastructure for making our customers the center of our design process.
- Experience working cross functionally with engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- Interest (ideally experience) designing intelligent interfaces powered by machine learning systems that assist and augment human intelligence.
- Comfortable juggling a wide range of responsibilities at the same time.