Figure Eight is the essential Human-in-the-Loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The Figure Eight software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. Figure Eight's technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in San Francisco with a presence in Tel Aviv and backed by Canvas Venture Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Microsoft Ventures, Figure Eight serves data science teams at Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.figure-eight.com.
Figure Eight (formally CrowdFlower) has recently undergone a major change. We're really excited about our new name as we help make AI work in the real world. We have several blog posts detailing this change (1, 2, and 3).
About the Role
You will be working on the most important problems in technology today: how can humans and AI collaborate to solve important and sometimes complicated tasks? Our users range from engineers and data scientists to subject matter experts creating training data for machine learning. In all cases, we are building tools which increasingly incorporate machine learning.
- Work on new features for combining human and machine intelligence
- Migrate legacy systems (primarily in ruby) to JAVA, Spring Framework stack
- Follow and promote best practices for writing maintainable, well-tested code
- Participate in selecting tools and setting development standards at Figure Eight
- Building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, DevOps, PO, UX, etc)
- Mentor other engineers in Java stack on a daily basis
- Work with offshore team in Mexico
- 8+ years of development experience as a seasoned JAVA Engineer
- 5+ years of software development experience in cloud based, multi-tiered, enterprise application systems in Java technologies. Experience working with Ruby is a huge plus.
- Solid understanding of Core JAVA, J2EE, Spring Boot 2.0, hibernate, Liquibase, Web-oriented Architecture (WOA), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), SQL
- Deep knowledge in all aspects of Spring Framework
- Experience with AWS, Git, Docker, Gradle, Jenkins, Jira, and Confluence
- Prior experience with developing microservices and successfully building products using SOA
- Good experience with Java Unit Testing Frameworks and Tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, etc
- Believe in team success over individual
- Able to work in a diverse team environment