Figure Eight is the essential Human-in-the-Loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The Figure Eight software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. Figure Eight's technology and expertise supports a wide range of data types - text, image, audio, video - and use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent chat bots, facial recognition, medical image labeling, aerial and satellite imagery, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance. The Figure Eight platform operates at an unprecedented scale having generated over 10 billion data labels to power AI applications.
Headquartered in San Francisco with a presence in Tel Aviv and backed by Canvas Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Industry Ventures, Microsoft Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures, Figure Eight serves Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information on the company, visit www.figure-eight.com
About the Role
We’re seeking a highly motivated, action-oriented data privacy expert who is at ease providing privacy compliance guidance to IT, product and engineering teams, as well as marketing and customer facing teams. We need a strong contributor who can drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects, while partnering with the broader legal and compliance teams. The successful candidate will be a privacy professional who is passionate about ensuring privacy compliance and providing an exceptional customer experience.
This role will be based out of our office in San Francisco.
- Create and implement privacy and data protection policies, procedures, and best practices for Figure Eight’s business operations, for both U.S. and E.U. regulations.
- Collaborates cross functionally in developing the strategy and direction in leading our data protection programs.
- Drives improvement and change through expertise and influence.
- Cultivates an environment where associates are educated on data privacy awareness and principles.
- Drives research of privacy and data protection laws, regulations, and related best practices.
- Leads data protection risk assessments and remediation efforts.
- BS/BA and minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- Management and leadership experience.
- Familiarity with SOC 2 and related compliance frameworks.
- Familiarity with EU 95/46, GDPR, breach notification laws, standards bodies, and international standards.
- Extensive knowledge of EU data protection laws and ability to quickly understand how those requirements relate to a company’s business operations.
- Knowledge of organizational privacy controls.
- Familiarity with information technology and data security and ability to quickly gain an understanding of systems architecture and organizational structure.
- Experience defining and managing data privacy programs and/or similar compliance protocols.
- Experience leading change management projects.
- Experience advising on business operations implementation of privacy
- Deep knowledge of data processing operations, and establishing data handling and storage protocols, and work with in-house and outside legal counsel to navigate ongoing GDPR compliance.
- Experience in monitoring, risk identification, and remediation activities.
- Track record of successful and broad privacy, compliance, and functions management.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in, program and project management.
- Experience assessing and defining systems to comply with data protection and privacy regulations.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical issues to non-technical team members.
- Vendor management experience.