WayUp is the go-to platform for millions of early-career professionals to explore job and internship opportunities, receive advice, and get discovered by employers. Top companies from startups to Fortune 500s use WayUp’s platform to reach, recruit and engage with the new generation of early-career talent. Since launching in 2014, WayUp has helped millions of candidates launch their careers.
WayUp is at a pivotal point in its development. Now experiencing its most rapid growth to date, the company needs a tremendous Back End Engineer. We're looking for an experienced backend developer to join us to help create new features and manage our infrastructure. As we continue to expand and add new products, you will completely own your product and be empowered to make the major architectural decisions that go with releasing any product.
- Lead the design and development of an end to end a product for launch later this year
- Collaborate with the team members on API development
- Address our growing need for scalable architectures, systems, and patterns
- Make strategic infrastructure decisions to prepare the site for scale
- Champion and spearhead our technical standards throughout our team
- Work on some interesting knowledge domains, which include NLP, Machine Learning and ETL Processing
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Computer Science/Engineering OR related field
- 5+ years in software development or related field
- Experience working on backends that are scalable, fault tolerant, well-documented and most importantly testable
- Experience with server monitoring/logging and triage tools
- Strong object oriented programming skills
- Experience with caching tech like NGINX
- Experience with technologies such as Django, Python, Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, etc.
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with Django Rest Framework
- Experience with multiple ORMs
- Experience with message brokers and frameworks (i.e. RabbitMQ, Celery)
- Some front-end development experience, particularly with React/Angular
By submitting your application, you agree to submit a list of references as part of the interview process and consent to WayUp contacting these references.
The Company values the array of backgrounds, talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, certain arrest or conviction records, domestic violence victim status, and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics”).