WayUp is the go-to platform for millions of early-career professionals to explore job and internship opportunities, receive advice, and get discovered by employers. Top companies from startups to Fortune 500s use WayUp’s platform to reach, recruit and engage with the new generation of early-career talent. Since launching in 2014, WayUp has helped millions of candidates launch their careers.
WayUp is looking for a talented Senior Content Editor to join our team and oversee our consumer editorial strategy. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of career-focused content and SEO strategy. The ideal candidate will also have a background in journalism as well as experience developing content distribution strategies.
- The Senior Content Editor will develop and execute content strategy focused on acquiring readers via Organic search (SEO), Social media, Content syndication, and engaging WayUp users through the platform
- Build a contributor network of writers
- Identify content topics and opportunities that are engaging to an early stage career-focused demographic Conduct extensive research on (1) the identified content topics and (2) the existing articles and content surrounding the topic on other outlets, always striving to produce the highest quality articles in the industry
- Efficiently source ideas, write, assign and edit articles on career development
- Categorize and tag each piece of produced content based on a tagging index
- Evaluate existing WayUp content on an ongoing basis to identify opportunities to optimize for SEO or improve relevance based on changes in the industry
- Develop/ manage editorial calendar and workflow
- Track and report on content metrics using tools like Google Analytics
- 3-5 years editorial experience
- Experience building contributor networks
- 2+ years managing writing staff
- Strong storytelling skills
- Experience writing content for distribution
- 2+ years experience with SEO content strategy
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Ability to track an report content success
- Extremely detail-oriented, high energy self-starter, always striving for excellence
NICE TO HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Creative Writing preferred
- Eagerness to learn what it takes to be successful in a fast-paced environment
By submitting your application, you agree to submit a list of references as part of the interview process and consent to WayUp contacting these references.
The Company values the array of backgrounds, talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, certain arrest or conviction records, domestic violence victim status, and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics”).